Enhanced Content, Bibliographic, Authority, and more.
Tracy Moyers, Director of Product Implementation
- Exposing catalogue. Takes MARC structure to BIBFRAME. Really just another search index.
BlueCloud Digital Academy
- eContent put directly into catalogue
- metadata records from the various content providers are identified, reviewed, aggregated, mapped, and converted to MARC
- integration options: elibrary, HIP, EOSWeb, Enterprise
- ongoing improvement: new records loaded each quarter
Lexile and Accelerated Reader
- subscription based
- Library of Congress: Bibliographic, Authority, MESH
Bibliographic Analysis, Clean-Up and Upgrade
Analysis: 17 standard reports
- RDA field usage
- index analysis (Symphony)
- subject thesauri used
- missing death dates
- database duplication rate
- cataloguing errors (two 245 fields)
- obsolete MARC fields/values used
- cleanup: based on existing data, enhance local collections, RDA/MARC21
- upgrade: matches against LC, brief record upgrade, customized for downtime
- RDA Updates: expanding abbreviations, updating headings, remove GMD, creations of 3xx tags
Authority Processing Full: LC source, process (update headings, enhance structure, provide cross references, scope notes). Lite version has only process.
- flexible matching
- numeric and text matching
- automated transfer
- no staff downtime
- Lite version = no questionnaires = less control: use what 80% of other libraries chosen
Once you get it clean, keep it clean using Lexile and Accelerated Reader, database deduplication (yearly), authority updates (quarterly).
Authority Update Subscription
- upload Unauthorized Headings (Day 1)
- process (Day 2)
- download new authority records (Day 3): LC records, new cataloguing, updated headings
- ADUText Finalizes the Updates
- still expect some unauthorized headings, especially local headings
Connectivity is the biggest issue.