Code4lib was a big year this year, in many ways.
Presentations for Day 3 of Code4Lib 2014. Continue reading “Code4Lib 2014: Day 3 Morning Presentations”
Lightning talks on Day 3 of Code4Lib. Continue reading “Code4Lib 2014: Day 3 Lightning Talks”
Afternoon presentations on Day 2 afternoon of Code4Lib 2014.
Lightning Talks on Day 2 of Code4Lib 2014.
Morning presentations of Day 2 of Code4lib 2014.
Since last year,
* automatic audio transcription
* but can edit audio afterwards
* facet filtering
How many times have you been to code4lib?
* many first timers and returnees
- using open source software
- motivated to initiate knowledge sharing
- features integration
- many libraries can’t afford ILS
- spreading, active community across Indonesia
- community of volunteers
- truly free OSS for library automation
- bottom up approach
Harvard Library Lab
* got grant funded
* developed the Harvard Library Lab
* lots of projects that librarians actually want e.g. inscriptio (carrel reservations), class request tool, link-o-matic, course reserves unleashed, PDS mobile web API, do we own this? (check if library have this based on ISBN)
GeoHydra: GIS in the Digital Library
- full service repository for GIS data
- treat as first class objects
- metadata / wrangling -> curation -> delivery -> discovery
- “Wrangle the data until it submits”
- Blacklight Maps where you can plot the data
- have different workflow and deal with different schema
- I’m sorry but I did not understand most of that…
Logs are Your Friend
- logs should be up to date
- should look at log when
- logs logging similar things should be similar
- consider that you might analyze your logs e.g. how big was the file it was doing a checksum on?
Solr Browse & Sort
- faceted heading browser with cross references in Solr
- sort on multi-valued fields
- did some demo/showing
End of the Day
Afternoon of Day 1 of Code4lib 2014.