Using MarcEdit to Populate (Sub)fields Using Data from Fixed Fields

Was supposed to post this last week, but didn’t actually have time. Big thanks to Terry Reese (MarcEdit developer) who helped me over twitter of all things. While not the most complicated, I just couldn’t find any documentation on this, so here it is. Continue reading “Using MarcEdit to Populate (Sub)fields Using Data from Fixed Fields”

Merging Control Numbers into Records Using MarcEdit

So there does exist a document already on this topic, Getting OCLC numbers into your vendor records using MarcEdit but I found the instructions difficult to refer to. I ended up writing my own version with the added instructions on creating a set of MARC records specifically for this purpose. After doing this sort of thing again today, I finally decided to share them. Continue reading “Merging Control Numbers into Records Using MarcEdit”