Overview of web services updates.
A web based client allows use of BlueCloud and other things.
- Technology Update: updated framework with how deliver.
- moved to Java 8,
- HTTPS/TLS 1.2 (TLS 1.2 coming for Enterprise 5),
- discrete time zones
- transit groups: introduced with Horizon 7.5.4, will take into consideration item transit
- primary address: first active address
- authenticate users
- CKI location control: item returned to non-home, prompt to deny or accept it
- patron renew items
- admin resource: examples: can see ILS status, configuration; need staff level token
- clear cache action: can take login for admin console itself; allow automated clear based on status
- version file: convenience for troubleshooting
- BlueCloud Circulation: improved transit advise, secondary advice for item statuses don’t require specific handling
- customize error messages: all errors in jar file, can copy and edit file. Also works for labels
- resources (ROA) version 2.0 / media types: provided additional security benefits
- eliminate HIP from legacy web services except SearchCatalog (indexes resides in HIP, BC Search services to replace it), Lists won’t work. Does not mean you can turn off HIP.
- product fixes: ~25 issues
- improve checkout history retrieval: was taking a long time, so much improved
- account lockout in admin console. Web services action available to reset, or via staff intervention.
- automated testing: resources and actions will be testing all the way through
- enunciations: for those developing own web services. Resources page list all modules, actions, resources with all details to develop own calls. At the root.
- patron self-registration: moving away from dependency on HIP
Next (September or December/January)
- further BlueCloud Support
- family group
- title availability
- duplicate patron alert
- merging patron records